Virginia Beach natives, the Elswick family fished the east coast of the United States, Costa Rica, and various other hotspots, until 2004 when they visited Guatemala for the first time and experienced the best fishing on the planet.
Not only did they fall in love with the fishing in Guatemala, they fell in love with the beauty and culture.
In 2005, they purchased a large waterfront piece of property on the Pacific Coast of Guatemala, and opened Buena Vista Sport Fishing.
Since 2006, they have been working to create a fishing paradise unlike any other.
So let me talk to you about 7 reasons, why you should fish with The Buena Vista Team
1. We are the only resort in Guatemala with lodging dockside.
2. We have operated successfully for 16 years.
3. We have 205 meters of seawall and docks.
4. We are on Buena Vista Island.
5. We have full time private security.
6. We have an open to the public 5 star seafood restaurant that is a great mixing place fun the local fishing crowd.
7. We have the best boats Captains, mates and staff of any lodge have in Guatemala.